Bio Dome is designed to explore science, biology, oceanography and geography in an interactive way. The Bio Dome visits schools and clubs, providing an additional science resource and presenting a different learning experience to children.
We provide an immersive digital 360 degree dome showing different environments and natural history shows (rocks/ fossils, under the sea and dinosaurs) to schools, colleges, youth clubs, scouts groups and playgroups. The service is provided in a blacked-out purpose built mobile domes which can be sited indoors using a school hall. Our domes are the most advanced digital domes in the country capable of showing 360 degree pictures and feature films.
Bio Dome Programmes
KS1/2 on 'Environments' on land and the ocean.
KS1/2 on 'Under the Sea'. 'Weather'. 'Pirates and the Sea'
KS1/2 on 'Mini beasts' or 'Tropical Reefs'
KS1/2 on 'Endangered Animals'
KS2/3/4 on 'Biodiversity' with images of an electron microscope and the latest 3D animation technology showing the five kingdoms of living things. We discover their characteristics, form and their importance for the ecosystems and sustainability.
KS2/3- Down to Earth (Volcanoes and Earth's History)
KS2/3/4 on 'Dynamic Earth' covering climate, ocean currents, ocean life and the changing world. In this programme we will look at;
· Life and the carbon cycle. Earth's climate control system depends on the ability of living organisms to remove CO2 from the atmosphere and store it long term.
· Plate tectonics and its role in the carbon cycle. Audiences will learn that CO2 emissions from human activities now outpace volcanoes 200 fold.
· Perspective on climate change. The program fills in major gaps in the public's understanding of climate change, by placing it in a broader context of what shapes Earth's climate.
· Comparision with Venus. The story of our sister planet shows just how unique Earth is in its ability to regulate atmospheric CO2 and global temperatures.
• KS2/3/4 - 'Natural Selection'-- Adaptation and Evolution -- with our new film on Darwin
• KS2/3/4 - 'Origins of Life'. Start of life on Earth and possible life in the solar system.
• KS2/3/4 - 'Dinosaurs and past life'
Other programmes available-- see below website.
See our website www.sciencediscoverydome.co.uk
A full day visit costing in the range of £510 (excluding VAT) with a typical day including up to five class shows.
We may charge extra for a sixth show during the day. If your school is located near one of our dome bases (see below), then we may be able to come for a half day. Please apply for half day rates.
Dorset and Hampshire -- the charge is around £455 per day (excluding VAT) with lower special rates for Bournemouth and Poole schools. Please apply for special rates.
Please be aware that we charge a travel and hotel supplement, if we are required to travel a distance from a base.
Domes are based at the following locations;
Bournemouth, Poole, Boscombe, London, Staines, Glastonbury, Frome, Tyneside, Warrington, Leeds and Newark in Lincs.
Click the link below to book
OR Phone no: 01202 304734
Two of our domes can fit a class and a half and our very big dome 'Ganymede Dome' can fit two classes at a time, on request. (Up to 60 KS1 and 50 KS2). We do recommend one class show for best experience of the domes.
Shows can be typically 45 minutes in length but can be longer for older pupils. Biodiversity programme is one hour and includes rock/fossils samples to hold. Infant Schools are recommended to have 30-35 minutes for Reception and Y1.
In addition we have two special 'Outside Domes' for large events and fairs, now available. Our aim with the outside domes, is to make science accessible to the public.
Our domes can cater for a large event up to 60 people with special multimedia equipment and lens to provide a spectacular show for entertainment and education. All our mobile domes are fully digital capable of showing full dome films and an interactive ocean environments across the dome.